Steve’s career has centered around acquiring and/or managing timberland tracts for private investors. He has served as President of TimberCorp, Inc. since it was founded in 1989. Prior to that, Steve was Head of the Trust Real Estate Department of the largest bank in Mississippi.
Butler is a timberland owner and an avid hunter. He has a unique understanding of investment quality timberland tracts and recreational tracts, and can work for you to help you find just the right property to meet your land ownership goals.
Butler’s educational background, honors, and experience are summarized below.
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry at Mississippi State University
- Masters of Forestry in Forest Business at Mississippi State University
- Honors Graduate, National Graduate Trust School, Northwestern University
- President, Mississippi Chapter of Association of Consulting Foresters
- Past President, Mississippi Forestry Association
- Outstanding Young Forester, Mississippi Society of American Foresters
- Presidential Citation, Mississippi Forestry Association
2012 Meritorious Service to Forestry Award, Mississippi Forestry Assn.
- Has managed, appraised, and/or sold timberland, farms, and recreational properties in at least 70 of Mississippi’s 82 counties, as well as in Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
- Experienced in Section 1031 like-kind exchanges
- Experienced as both buyer’s broker or seller’s broker